Are you one of the many people who strove for years looking for the best weight loss programs, only to be met with disappointing results? Maybe you’ve tried countless diet programs for weight loss but find yourself, weeks after, back to your comfort foods again. Then you tried hitting the gym but gave up because of tight schedules or you were just tired, wanting to rush home to cut short the day. For sure you know these weight loss programs are helpful, but you just can’t get yourself to follow through. So, you struggle and ask yourself, “What will inspire me to pull through this fat loss diet plan?” “What’s the best and most enjoyable fat loss exercise program that would bring satisfying results?”
Weight Loss Programs Works For You May Not Work for Me
Right! Individual differences should be the first factor to consider when picking the best weight loss program. What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. Thankfully, there is tons of information you can glean from the internet to match your personality, body mass, schedule, and preference. So, even while working out with a friend, both of you could enroll in different programs to suit your needs.
Before You Get Started
Obesity is not a simple condition. A lot of heavy people can’t imagine what else they could try since they have been trying anything and everything for years. This simple guide can help as you navigate towards successful weight loss.
- Have your regular check-up to be informed about your system.
- Know what it takes for a healthy body.
- Recognize the need for pursuing a weight loss program.
- Have an accountability partner/work-out buddy for support.
- Discipline yourself and be consistent to reach your goal.
- Learn to enjoy the process.
People who love to eat say they would rather exercise than give up their comfort foods, only to find out it’s equally hard to lift those weights or run a mile! So, we need to strike a balance and come up with a strategy to let your body crave food less and get more motivated to sweat it out.
The Best Weight Loss Diet Program For Me
Knowing your body mass index can help determine the amount of calorie intake you need to shed off. You can do this with the aid of the BMI Calculator and the BMI Table online tools. Although BMI can be used for most men and women, it is important to note that BMI may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build, or on the contrary, underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle.
Here are some tips worth noting when planning to go on a weight loss diet program.
- Skipping breakfast will not help you lose weight. Instead read about intermittent fasting; close but not the same.
- Avoid snacking. Stick to regular meals or grazing on high protein, low carb, low fat foods. Make every calorie count.
- Take in more fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories and fat but high in fiber.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Eat high-fiber foods like whole grain, superfood such as chia, hemp and flax, beans, brown rice, and lentils. There may be other sources as well.
- Read food labels to have healthy options.
- Use small plates for smaller food portions. Your stomach will get used to it without going hungry.
- Enjoy occasional treats of the foods you like. Manage them by planning ahead and using containers or baggies.
- Do not stock up on junk food. This is not time to save money by buying the family size packages.
- Avoid alcohol intake. Don’t drink your carbs/calories.
- Set diet meal plans. (i.e. weekly)
- Be skeptical about quick fat loss products.
Low-calorie diets are proven to improve fat-loss by lowering the amount of abdominal fat. So, you should be glad when you feel that your jeans have loosened a bit week by week! There are 7-day diet meal plans, calorie-counted diet meals, even vegetarian meal plans available on the web. Pick the best diet for weight loss that you would follow through with.
If you, however, find it hard to part with delicious high-calorie foods, try this! People who have tried the intermittent fasting method say this is the best weight loss program, ever! You don’t need to say goodbye to your favorite foods! All you need to do is eat within the first 8 hours of the day and fast for the rest of the 16 hours.
TIP: Drinking a lot of water can make you feel fuller for longer.
Exercises that Work for Weight Loss
Here are 3 major types of exercise to add to your routine that make up the best weight-loss program.
- Cardio Intervals – any type of exercise you enjoy (running, jogging, walking, cycling) alternating high with lower intensity periods to recover, like sprinting and jogging. The intense periods are shorter (like one to two minutes) and you usually recover for about twice the time.
- Compound Low-impact Movements – the involvement of multiple major muscle groups makes these exercises the best for weight loss. They result in max calorie burn and lesser impact on your joints. Squats, inchworms, modified burpees, and marchers are low-impact and high-intensity movements that guarantee to elevate your heart rate and allow you to work out more frequently.
- Strength Training – lifting weights or using your own body weight, as in planking, are a couple of the most effective ways to lose weight. Why? Because they help you lose fat while building muscles, thus awesome to improve metabolism. The more muscle build-up, the more calories than fat burned away, even while you’re sleeping!
The best weight loss program you pick, like any new thing, is a “hard” thing to do, it takes a while to get started. Once you do, it just becomes a part of your daily routine so you won’t even have to think about it anymore. In a short period of time, it just grows to be a part of your daily regimen so it works automatically and you don’t have to think about it. It becomes a life habit. You can do any physical activity that will get you up and moving and get your heart rate up, burn calories, and build muscles. The best weight loss tips are to be disciplined and consistent along with enjoyment in the process. These add to weight loss management and retention.