It’s easier to get into something enjoyable but difficult to refrain or get out of it. Same thing with your body weight. When you love food and eat more than your body needs, it’s easy to accumulate fat if you don’t burn it with physical activity like fat loss exercises. Then you realize you need to lose fat quickly and safely.
What Makes Losing Weight Difficult?
Losing weight should be an intentional thing since it is difficult to maintain. There are factors that influence body weight that you have no control of, like genetic makeup, developmental determinants, age, and gender, and factors over which you have potential control of, like physical activity, diet, and some environmental and social factors.
Our eating environment pushes more calorie intake. The busy pace of life leaves us little time to prepare or have a nutrient-dense meal, but gives rise to calorie-packed foods and promotes a sedentary lifestyle. Sometimes, weight regain follows an early rapid weight loss that stalls for several months, the weight plateau.
How Metabolism Works in Your Body
First, what is metabolism? Also called the metabolic rate, is the series of chemical reactions in a human body that create and break down energy necessary for life activities. It’s the rate at which your body spends energy or burns calories or fat. Metabolism takes place through the energy required to keep the body functioning while at rest. Read here the 4 Useful Tips To Improved Metabolism.
If your body is like a car engine that is always running, it has calories for fuel. It is your metabolic rate that determines how many calories you burn on average, over time. So, high or fast metabolism means more calories burned at rest or during activity. It also means you will need to take in more calories to maintain your weight. That’s one reason some people can just eat to their heart’s without gaining weight. It’s the opposite for a person with low or slow metabolism. It means burning fewer calories at rest and during activity, and therefore should eat less to avoid becoming overweight.
High metabolism helps lose body fat quickly. When an overweight individual exercises, it promotes physical activity affects the energy balance but does not guarantee the rise of the metabolic rate. In short, it takes a longer time for an overweight person’s BMR to increase, thus, an uphill to lose body fat quickly. Consider Acai berry Fat Burner weight loss and diet supplement for a steady and faster fat burning result.
Metabolism – Key to Lose Body Fat Quickly
You may not have much control over the speed of your metabolism, but you can control how many calories you burn. There are three ways that your body burns calories. They are:
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) – It is the energy your body burns while at rest. This accounts for 75% of the total energy you burn every day while you sleep, sit, stand, and while your organs do their processes to keep your body functioning.
- Thermogenesis – Food processing takes calories for digestion, absorption, transporting, and storing of food that you consume. About 10% of carbohydrates and protein is used for these functions.
- Physical activity – It is very variable. It goes from playing sports to walking to the drugstore, or chasing your dog. The activities we do all day that are not sleeping, eating, or sports-like are called nonexercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT). They account for 100 to 800 calories used daily, a faster way to lose body fat quickly.
How to Lose Fat Quickly – Improve Metabolism
To lose fat quickly, it is your resting metabolic rate (RMR) that you need to improve. Fad diets and crash diets rapid weight loss may sound glamorous, however, they come out unsafe and cause your body to regain fat, making it difficult to maintain the weight you’ve lost.
Here are some tips to improve metabolism:
- Exercise. Does your body burn more calories after an exercise?
You can incorporate aerobic exercises, strength training, and lifestyle activities. Weight lifting, running, jogging, walking, or muscle use allow your body to use up the glucose stored in your muscles. Doing exercise burns energy (calories) and replenishes the lost glucose as well as the energy your body uses to refuel the muscles. High-intensity exercises, you use up all the glucose while low-intensity and endurance focus more on burning fatty acids. Therefore, the latter do not raise your RMR.
- More water intake. Wellness experts suggest that the more hydrated your body is, the more efficiently it works, from thinking to burning body fat.
- Smaller meals throughout the day. Eating every 3 to 4 hours helps steady your thermic effect of food (TEF)
- Avoiding late night meals You have less time to burn it off. It is best to have a small portion of healthy food for dinner then a hearty breakfast the next day.
The bottom line is, both physical activity and energy intake are crucial to losing weight and weight loss maintenance. To increase the chances of losing fat quickly, work on your RMR and consider safe and natural supplements to burn fat quickly. And so as you eat your favorite healthy food accompanied by intensive exercise, you still shed off those extra pounds while you give your body a rest.