Table of Contents
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune illness that causes pain, inflammation, and damage to joints all over the body. Joint deterioration caused by RA commonly affects both sides of the body. So, if one of your arms or legs is damaged, the identical joint in the other arm or leg is likely to be impacted. This is how doctors can distinguish between RA and other types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis (OA).
Treatments work best once RA is detected at an early stage, so it’s not only important but critical to learn all about RA, not only its causes and symptoms but also about arthritis pain relief products and the best arthritis pain relief cream.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
The most common joint-related problem and autoimmune disease is rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a joint-related autoimmune illness. RA is an autoimmune and inflammatory disease in which your immune system incorrectly assaults healthy cells in your body, resulting in inflammation (painful swelling) in the affected areas.
RA is primarily a joint disease that affects many joints simultaneously. RA frequently affects the hands, wrists, and knees. For people with RA, the joint lining becomes inflamed, resulting in joint tissue loss. Long-term or chronic pain, instability (loss of balance), and deformity are all possible consequences of tissue injury (misshapenness).
RA can impact other tissues in the body, including the lungs, heart, and eyes, causing complications. Rheumatoid arthritis damages the lining of your joints, causing a painful swelling that can lead to bone degradation and joint deformity.
RA causes inflammation in the body, which can harm other organs. Although new types of drugs have significantly improved treatment choices, severe arthritis can still result in physical limitations.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms include a long-term condition characterized by joint inflammation and pain. During flares or exacerbations, these symptoms and indications become more pronounced. On the other hand, periods of remission occur when symptoms entirely subside. RA symptoms often affect the hands, wrists, and knees, but they can also impact the lungs, heart, and eyes.
The following are examples of possible symptoms:
- more than one joint hurts or aches.
- multiple joint stiffnesses
- several joints with discomfort and swelling
- the same joint symptoms on both sides of the body
- abnormalities and loss of joint function
- fever of mild intensity
- loss of appetite
The severity of the symptoms varies. It’s vital not to dismiss your symptoms just because they come and go. If you recognize the early indications of RA, it will greatly help you and your doctor to treat and manage it more efficiently.
Arthritis Pain Relief Products
Arthritic swollen joints can be painful and restrict your mobility. Everyone who falls victim to arthritis may wish to have as many alternatives as possible for pain management. You may have already tried over-the-counter (OTC) pain medications and physical activity, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen. But these are only temporary solutions that, when used regularly, bring about other issues down the road.
A study found that several non-medication techniques could help some people lessen the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Among them are:
- low-stress forms of exercise
- heat and cold
- balanced rest
- stress relief
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- support groups
- assistive devices
- natural / herbal supplements and transdermal creams
Natural remedies for rheumatoid arthritis exist that significantly reduce discomfort with little to no side effects. Whole Family Products has great arthritis pain relief products and supplements that contain a special blend of ingredients that combine to reduce inflammation and improve joint health in addition to relieving arthritis-related pain.
Another temporary relief option is to use an over-the-counter topical aid available to help with arthritis pain relief. When applied to the skin, arthritis lotions help to reduce joint discomfort. They can provide effective temporary relief, but only in high-quality creams. These creams function best on skin-to-skin joints, such as the hands and knees.
NOTE: Topical and transdermal are not the same. See Best Arthritis Pain Relief Cream below.
In arthritis creams, the following substances are the most commonly used pain relievers:
- Capsaicin is a naturally occurring chemical found in fiery chili peppers. They may alleviate pain by inhibiting pain receptors in the skin.
- Salicylates: These ointments contain aspirin, a pain medication that helps reduce inflammation.
- Counterirritants: Ingredients like menthol and camphor, which assist reduce pain by warming or cooling the skin, are found in these lotions.
Gloves for Arthritis
One of the most common sources of arthritic pain is in the hands. This is especially true if you have RA, which causes swelling in your fingers and wrists due to inflammation. Arthritis gloves may be an excellent alternative if you’re having problems using your hands for everyday duties; especially while you work on getting them healthier.
Heat is an Effective Pain Reliever
When applied to any hurting area of the body, heat is beneficial. Heat improves blood flow to the sore area, which helps to relieve muscle pain. Try:
- warmed pads
- reheatable hot packs
- hot towels after a warm bath or shower
The Arthritis Foundation recommends applying heat three times a day for no more than 15 minutes each time.
Topical NSAIDs – Not recommended
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs)-containing products can be effective but will only mask the problem, not help it. A topical NSAID medication reduces arthritic swelling and joint pain. Advil (ibuprofen) belongs to the NSAID class of pain relievers.
NOTE: According to a major study by NCBI: …adults commonly take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) chronically. Studies of older adults show that chronic NSAID use increases the risk of peptic ulcer disease, acute renal failure, and stroke/myocardial infarction.”
Long term use of NSAIDS is not recommended at any age.
Ironically, exercising is one of the most effective ways to alleviate joint pain. While pushing yourself through joint discomfort is never a brilliant idea, sticking to a regular workout regimen can help improve arthritis symptoms over time.
Essential workout tools and equipment can help you reduce discomfort and swelling while also boosting your general health.
Exercise with arthritis can be done with the following tools:
- stationary bikes
- elliptical machines
Know the Best Arthritis Pain Relief Creams
The following arthritis creams are commonly use for arthritis pain relief:
- Pain Away Cream and Pain Away Extreme – Pain Away Creams are hands down the best arthritis pain relief creams that relieves pain by combining the therapeutic benefits of essential oils with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane). It is available in Pain Away Peppermint, Pain Away Unscented and Pain Away Extreme. More reading: Best Arthritis Pain Relief Cream and Useful Tips to Defeat Joint Pains
- Arginine Circulation Cream – L-arginine cream transdermals have recently gained popularity due to their surprising natural health benefits. Some of the most common concerns purportedly relieved by l-arginine include pains from neuropathy, arthritis pain, joint pain, restless leg syndrome, erectile dysfunction, certain types of infertility, and poor blood circulation. More reading: L-Arginine Topical Cream: The Natural Remedy to Increase Blood Flow Circulation, Intimacy, Libido, Stamina and Better Workouts
- Pregnenolone Cream – Pregnenolone Cream by Whole Family Products contains the active ingredient pregnenolone, which is the precursor to many other hormones. Pregnenolone is a natural anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving hormone that many people use to help with rheumatoid arthritis, MS, joint, and arthritis pain. Learn more from our blog: Pregnenolone Health Benefits and Natural Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- MSM Glucosamine Gel – Most everyone is acquainted with MSM these days. As active ingredients go, it’s a wonder. Whole Family Products’ MSM Gel is specifically designed to relieve joint and arthritis pain. MSM Gel provides immediate topical relief and is designed to deliver beneficial ingredients to your skin in a timely and safe manner. Learn more from our blog: Top 8 MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) Benefits to Your Body.