The long-time challenge of obesity may haunt many people, leaving them wanting, yet not able to either start or follow-through with an exercise routine or a meal plan to lose weight. It’s easy to put it off until tomorrow (or the next week) until the condition is no longer bearable. Does this describe how you are feeling?
With the pricey choices of nutritious foods, we learn to settle for what’s inexpensive, microwaveable, or whatever food that can fill our tummies, without realizing the silent negative effects it has on our bodies. Daily pressures can also add to unhealthful eating behavior when we resort to emotional-eating or stress-eating.
A Need For a Lifestyle Change
Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom, teenager, missionary, or accountant, there are certain habits that you’ve been keeping to ease the demands of your day and that includes your food and drink consumption. Busyness is a poor reason for not getting a nutritious meal and/or proper exercise, even if it feels like our best excuse.
Think of the last meal you had. What did you eat and drink? According to research, it is important to prevent unwanted weight gain from excess body fat. So, you need to evaluate your eating habits and decide to make some changes to your lifestyle. Perhaps you are used to hurrying to work and so you skip a good breakfast, or snack with a taste-good food but with low or no nutritional value. You need to resolve to commit to some vital changes to promote a better self-image and a healthier you.
Here are the 15 meal plans to lose weight that can help shape your perception about food and your body:
1. An effective way to lose fat is to replace your 2-3 large meals throughout the day with 4-6 small meals. Eating frequently will help regulate and boost your metabolism to burn more calories.
2. Whole foods are a must in meal plans to lose weight, with their high-fiber and low-sugar content. Pick from this list foods you can enjoy: lean protein (lean beef, chicken, fish, and whey protein); fruits & vegetables (oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, broccoli, peppers, asparagus, carrots); nuts (almonds, cashews, & walnuts); and whole grains.
3. Limit your carbohydrates to low-glycemic sources such as vegetables, whole-wheat products, and oatmeal, instead of refined and processed carbohydrates, which usually come in a box or a bag. By the way, corn and peas are not vegetables.
4. We could all use more fiber since the average diet contains only 14 grams and the recommended consumption is 25-35 grams of fiber per day. Fiber helps satisfy hunger pangs and is beneficial for healthy blood sugar levels, which tend to promote fat storage when they are elevated.
5. Include some type of lean protein in your diet meal plan to lose weight. Protein satisfies hunger and provides the necessary building blocks to maintain lean body mass while losing body fat.
6. Is it beneficial to include healthful fat foods in a meal plan to lose weight? Yes! Healthful fats are great antioxidants and they help with brain function as well as other bodily processes that take place daily. Essential fatty acids also help prevent certain diseases. Sources include olive oil, walnuts, almonds, Omega-3 fortified eggs, or other Omega-3 products.
7. To meet your micronutrient needs, you need to consume the recommended 5-10 servings of fruit and vegetables a day. Vegetable fiber helps control appetite by curbing hunger. Eating fresh fruits along with one day diet wafers the best diet for weight loss will provide your body with a steady supply of nutrition.
8. Drinking lots of water is an important addition to your meal plan to lose fat! It’s about 1/4 tsp of non-caffeinated fluid for every calorie intake. Drinking green tea can be an effective way to lose fat, with its many health benefits, rather than consuming calorie-filled drinks. Acai berry fat burner is a weight loss diet supplement to look at because of its thermogenic properties of green tea. You need 8 – 12 oz. glasses of water or green tea daily.
9. A balance of daily fat intake means that 1/3 of fat calories should come from saturated fats, 1/3 from monounsaturated fats, and 1/3 from polyunsaturated fats.
10. Formulate a meal plan to lose weight and make it a habit. Map out your meals every day and follow them. Consistent compliance for 2-3 weeks makes it a hard habit to break!
11. There should be “Superfoods” included in your daily meal plan to lose weight. The list could include lean meat (not entirely lean), salmon, low-fat plain yogurt, tomatoes, spinach, mixed berries, whole oats, mixed nuts, olive oil, flax seeds, green tea, and various beans.
12. Keep total fat intake under 30% for the day. This can be accomplished by lessening the consumption of butter, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc.
13. EXERCISE!! A nutritious diet plan combined with a doable workout program can help facilitate weight loss. The most effective way to lose fat is by an exercise program that utilizes both strength training and cardiovascular exercises. A properly designed program can burn more overall calories in 20 minutes than 20 minutes on a treadmill. Also, the afterburn effect (the EPOC effect), causes you to burn more calories per minute hours after you have finished strength training. This X-factor you cannot get from static exercise on a treadmill.
14. Keep a food log. Jotting down what you eat and drink will amaze you with the progress you have gained. With a food and exercise journal, you can evaluate, analyze, and make modifications as needed on your meal plan to lose weight to push for success.
15. Follow the 90% rule. If you can follow your plan 90% of the time then that is sufficient to gain success with weight loss. Avoid the “all or nothing” attitude and just take one day at a time.
Don’t be hard on yourself. Reflect on your day before you go to bed at night, and instead of castigating yourself if you were unable to follow-through, continue with your goals set for the next day. Have a Loose while you Snooze collagen peptides supplement which helps you with weight loss and promotes better night sleep. You only have today, the present, to do what you can.