Let’s start by saying that we hate the term Man Boobs in Men. It isn’t a joke, at least not for a handful of guys who get to deal with enlarging breasts at one point or another. But it is something that needs to be addressed and helped.
Man boobs, also known as Gynecomastia, is the benign growth or swelling of the male breast glandular tissue due to an imbalance of the reproductive and sexual hormones testosterone and estrogen, although it can also be caused by other factors.
Estrogen Block is a natural hormone cream, including chrysin, known for stopping the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Gynecomastia, AKA man boobs, comes from a hormonal fatty build-up in men’s breasts. This stems from xenoestrogens (chemical and environmental estrogens), poor diet, and being overweight.
Gynecomastia often goes away by age 18 in young men. Still, more and more statistics show this age to be increasing before it disappears, as well as the return of Gynecomastia in men 40 years old – or even younger.
It can affect either one of the breasts or even both. It could affect males of all ages, whether newborns, boys during puberty, and even older men.
While it may not be a severe problem, it can be challenging. Boys and men living with it often feel embarrassed and sometimes have to pain their breasts. Other symptoms of man boobs include breast tenderness and swollen breast gland tissue.
Gynecomastia may go away on its own, but medication or surgery may be required for recovery when it persists. You should see your doctor if you have pain, swelling, or nipple discharge in one or both breasts.
What are the Causes of Man Boobs?
The amount of the hormone estrogen relative to testosterone usually triggers it. The difference in the two hormones may be due to conditions that hinder the effect of or reduce the testosterone in the body or one that increases the estrogen in the body. Some possible causes include the following:
- Natural hormone changes – are caused in infants due to the effects of the presence of their mother’s estrogen immediately after birth and would usually go away after about three weeks. During puberty, it is caused by the changes that occur during this period. It may also appear again in older men, usually around age 50.
- Medications can also cause Gynecomastia, and some of them include anti-androgens, anabolic steroids, AIDS medications, antibiotics, ulcer medications, heart medications, cancer management, gastric motility medications, and others.
- Substances such as alcohol, Heroin, Marijuana, Amphetamines, and Methadone may also cause breast enlargement in men.
- Health conditions like tumors, Hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, malnutrition and starvation, cirrhosis, and liver failure could also be responsible.
It may be prevented if you control certain factors, such as using illegal drugs known to cause the condition. Staying away from alcohol and reviewing your medications with your doctor could also help prevent the disease.
How Can Man Boosb Be Managed?
Man boobs will often regress and disappear without any aid, but it usually persists if it is caused by an underlying condition such as cirrhosis, Hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, or malnutrition. In this kind of situation, the man’s boobs may require assistance. Man boobs could either be managed with medication or surgery.
- Medications like natural aromatase inhibitors, tamoxifen, and raloxifene used for dealing with breast cancer and other conditions may be prescribed for some men living with man boobs. While these drugs are FDA approved, they’ve not been approved for use as a remedy.
- Surgery may be done to remove excess breast epithelial tissues. Surgery may be suggested in cases where there is still significant and worrisome breast enlargement after therapy, and the two different types of surgery that could be done include Mastectomy and liposuction.
Gynecomastia is embarrassing and often more painful to the male ego and pride than anything else. Though there are many things, such as surgery, to be done, one easy try is using Chrysin Max – an aromatase inhibiting natural cream. It might help to balance estradiol, which, if too high, can be the reason for Gynecomastia.