Let’s start by saying that we hate the term Man Boobs in Men. The term “Man Boobs” is thrown around callously about the internet. But isn’t a joke, at least not for a handful of guys you know that get to deal with enlarging breasts at one point or another in their lives. It is something that needs to be addressed and helped. Man boobs, also known as Gynecomastia is the benign growth or swelling of the male breast glandular tissue due to an imbalance of the reproductive and sexual hormones testosterone and estrogen although it can also be caused by other factors.
Estrogen Block is a natural hormone cream including chrysin; known for its ability to stop the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Gynecomastia, AKA man boobs, comes from a hormonal fatty build up in the breasts of men. This stems from xenoestrogens (chemical and environmental estrogens), poor diet and being overweight.
Gynecomastia often goes away by age 18, on young men, but more and more statistics are showing this age to be increasing before it disappears and also the return of gynecomastia in men 40 years old – or even younger.
Man boobs can affect either one of the breasts or even both. It could affect males of all ages whether newborns, boys during puberty and even older men.
While it may not be a serious problem, it can be a bit difficult to cope with the condition. Boys and men living with man boobs often feel embarrassed and sometimes have to pain their breasts. Other symptoms of man boobs include breast tenderness and swollen breast gland tissue.
Man boobs may go away on its own, but when it persists medication or surgery may be required for the treatment. You should see your doctor if you have pain, swelling, or nipple discharge in one or both breasts.
What are The Causes of Man Boobs?
- Man boobs are usually triggered by the amount of the hormone estrogen relative to testosterone. The difference in the two hormones may be due to conditions that hinder the effect of or reduce the testosterone in the body or one that increases the estrogen in the body. Some possible causes of man boobs include
- Natural hormones changes – Man boobs are caused in infants due to the effects of the presence of their mother’s estrogen immediately after birth and would usually go away after about three weeks. During puberty, man boobs are caused as a result of the changes that occur during this period. Man boobs may also appear again in older men, usually around age 50.
- Medications can also cause gynecomastia and some of them include anti-androgens, anabolic steroids, AIDS medications, antibiotics, ulcer medications, heart medications, cancer treatments, gastric motility medications and some others.
- Substances such as alcohol, Heroin, Marijuana, Amphetamines, and Methadone may also be the cause of man boobs.
- Health conditions like Tumors, Hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, malnutrition and starvation, cirrhosis and liver failure could also be responsible.
How Can Man Boobs Be Prevented?
Man boobs may be prevented if you take care to control certain factors such as the use of illegal drugs known to cause the condition. Staying away from alcohol and reviewing your medications with your doctor could also help you prevent the condition.
How Can Man Boobs Be Treated?
Man boobs will often regress and disappear by itself without any treatment but it would usually persist if it is caused by an underlying condition such as cirrhosis, Hypogonadism, hypothyroidism or malnutrition. In this kind of situations, the man boobs may require treatment. Man boobs could either be treated with medication or surgery.
- Medications like natural aromatase inhibitors, tamoxifen, and raloxifene used for the treatment of breast cancer and some other conditions may be prescribed for some men living with man boobs. While these drugs are FDA approved, they’ve not been approved for use as a treatment for man boobs.
- Surgery may be done to remove excess breast glandular tissues. In cases where there is still significant and worrisome breast enlargement after treatment, surgery may be suggested and the two different types of surgery that could be done include Mastectomy and liposuction.
Gynecomastia is an embarrassing condition and often more painful to the male ego and pride than anything else. Though there are many things, such as surgery to be done, one easy try is the use of Chrysin Max – an aromatase inhibiting natural cream. It might help to balance estradiol, that if too high can be the reason for Gynecomastia; man boobs.