- 1 Defining Glutathione
- 2 9 Amazing Benefits of Glutathione
- 126.96.36.199 1. Reduction of Oxidative Stress
- 188.8.131.52 2. Reduction of Cell Damage in Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- 184.108.40.206 3. Improvement of Psoriasis
- 220.127.116.11 4. Improvement of Mobility in People with Peripheral Artery Disease
- 18.104.22.168 5. Improvement of Insulin Resistance in Older People
- 22.214.171.124 6. Fighting Against Autoimmune Disease
- 126.96.36.199 7. Reduces the Impact of Uncontrolled Diabetes
- 188.8.131.52 8. Reduction of Respiratory Diseases Symptoms
- 184.108.40.206 9. Reduction of Oxidative Damage in Children with Autism
Glutathione is a type of amino acid. It is also an antioxidant produced in the cells of your body. It is made up of glutamine, cysteine, and glycine. Glutathione is produced naturally in the body but can be administered intravenously as an inhalant or topically. This amino acid also has the oral type which can either be in liquid or capsule form. On the contrary, the intravenous administration of glutathione is more effective than ingesting it orally.
9 Amazing Benefits of Glutathione
1. Reduction of Oxidative Stress
This type of stress comes into play when the rate of production of free radicals is not in equilibrium with the rate of its elimination from your body. When the level of these free radicals is high in your body, it results in some diseases like cancer, diabetes, as well as rheumatoid arthritis. Glutathione plays the role of reducing oxidative stress and thus, reducing some diseases.
2. Reduction of Cell Damage in Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
The death of liver cells can get worse by the deficiency of antioxidants like glutathione. When this happens, it results in fatty liver disease in people. Research has shown that people with fatty liver disease responded better when glutathione is administered intravenously to them. Also, glutathione administered orally has positive effects on people with non-alcoholic fatty disease according to another study.
3. Improvement of Psoriasis
Whey protein increases the level of glutathione. When you take this protein orally, it improves psoriasis whether you start another treatment or not.
Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes the rapid buildup of skin cells. This buildup of cells causes scaling on the skin’s surface.
4. Improvement of Mobility in People with Peripheral Artery Disease
Peripheral artery disease occurs when plaque blocks the peripheral arteries in your body especially the legs. Glutathione helps people with this condition to be able to walk long distances without feeling any pain.
5. Improvement of Insulin Resistance in Older People
The rate of production of glutathione in your body reduces as you advance in age. Studies have shown that when the level of this amino acid is low, it also reduces your body’s ability to burn fat.
6. Fighting Against Autoimmune Disease
Oxidative stress can be increased by autoimmune diseases. Glutathione helps to reduce oxidative stress by reducing your body’s immune response or by increasing it.
7. Reduces the Impact of Uncontrolled Diabetes
Reduced amount of glutathione is associated with long-term high glucose level. This can bring about oxidative stress and damage of the tissues. Diets rich in cysteine and glycine increases glutathione level and also reduces oxidative stress and damage in people with uncontrolled diabetes.
8. Reduction of Respiratory Diseases Symptoms
N-acetylcysteine, which is a by-product of glutathione, is used as a medication for people who have asthma and cystic fibrosis.
9. Reduction of Oxidative Damage in Children with Autism
A study in medical science monitor shows that low levels of glutathione in the brain cause autism.