Phytoestrogens are plant-based substances which act like human estrogen. Some tidbits about estrogen are:
- Estrogen imbalance causes mood changes and hot flashes.
- Estrogens are hormones formed in the body of women which regulates menstrual flow.
- They are produced by the endocrine system.
- They play a greater role in adolescence and helps in the development of armpit hair, breast, and pubic hair development.
- They lose much of their grip on women once they are at menopause.
- Vegetable and fruits – apples, carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, grapes, sprouts, mung beans, lentils, they are also in soy products, herbs, liquids, and grains they are beneficial indeed.
- Grains and legumes – These food items contain enough phytoestrogens which are also called dietary estrogens.
- Flowers and seeds – flax seeds, sunflower, sesame seeds, walnuts, almonds
Functions of Phytoestrogens
They replace estrogen in its usual function because they exhibit the same chemical structure. Once they are in the body, your estrogen receptor accepts it as an estrogen. Then, they will interrupt how the hormone normally functions. The bond between phytoestrogens and estrogen is loose that’s why their effects are weak.
Six Benefits of Phytoestrogens
#2. Aids a woman during her pre-menopause symptoms such as mood swings, irregular menstruation, hot flashes, tender breasts and low sex drive
#3. Prevention of osteoporosis which is estrogen deficiency at post menopausal stage.
#4. Phytoestrogens as a supplement help to strengthen bone which can eventually benefit in the battle against osteoporosis
.#5. Reduce menstrual cases caused by estrogen drop and controls your mood and energy.
#6. Reduces the risk of breast cancer and helps the heart.
SHOP FOR: [Menopause products]