If you’ve ever heard that Cannabidiol, popularly called CBD, is a fantastic pain reliever, you heard right – but that’s just one of its many benefits.
There’s more. But first:
What is CBD?
CBD is a member of the family of compounds called cannabinoids that occur naturally in a plant known as Cannabis sativa, marijuana or “pot” plant.
No, it isn’t the compound that has mind-altering effects of the marijuana plant. That’s called Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Our products are totally THC free. No worries there.
CBD is different. It doesn’t affect the mind (non-psychoactive) but contains potent ingredients which makes it a natural remedy for common ailments.
Whether it is CBD edibles, topical lotion or liquid, the compound holds a lot of benefits.
Benefits of CBD Edibles
CBD, the active compound, when combined with other foodstuff becomes edible. And CBD edibles hold unique benefits including:
- Long-lasting relief from pain through a slow release of the compound as your food digests. Examples of CBD edibles include CBD gummies and even CBD pet edibles.
- Unlike hot CBD oil inhaled using vapor pens, CBD edibles offer less risk of lung irritation because it lacks thinning agents. According to this study, propylene glycol (PG) may irritate.
- CBD edibles are also generally used for mild and first-aid related ailments without some of the harsh side effects like stomach ulcers (commonly associated with some of the over-the-counter remedies) that are left behind.
CBD topical creams, or lotions, are made using CBD oil as an essential, active ingredient. When applied to the skin CBD cream has the following benefits:
- Anti-inflammatory properties that relieve pain and inflammation due to arthritis : painful, swollen, and stiff joints.
- CBD Pain Relief Cream is a practical choice for eczema
- Topical CBD may also help you with psoriasis, an auto-immune disease that results in cyclic outbreaks of rough, scaly skin that can be itchy and painful.
Benefits of CBD Liquid or Oil
CBD oil is derived by extracting it from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with base oils like coconut oil.
Besides the pain-relieving effects, CBD liquid or oils studied for their help with the effects of the following have been found:
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- Multiple Sclerosis
How to Use CBD
Whether you are taking CBD as a supplement, applying it as a lotion or vaping, there many personal factors to consider: age, weight, tolerance, and symptoms.
For liquid CBD oil, you can determine the amount of CBD you would like to ingest by checking the suggested serving size and the total milligrams of CBD listed on the packaging. Let’s face it, the stronger the concentration, the less worry if you have enough strength for your size but start small and see how it works for you. After all, CBD is not cheap; it is just worth the price.
We do not recommend vaping, but IF you vape and you’re looking for an immediate response, you can consider it the fastest way to deliver CBDs to your brain and body. Simply exhale the air from your lungs gently then inhale through the mouthpiece slowly.
And for edibles, all you have to do is open, eat, and enjoy. Edibles have a sustained effect and can be your go-to if you want a subtle absorption for your CBD usage. Remember, again, that CBD is not cheap and gummies ARE yummy so be careful, or you might end up with an expensive new candy treat.
What are the side effects of CBD?
Although CBD is generally safe there, some users have experienced the following side effects: diarrhea, tiredness, and variations in appetite. For those who have undergone chemotherapy, the return of appetite is one of the upsides to CBD use.
Read more from this fascinating article about the many benefits of CBD on the .gov site.
SHOP FOR: [Pain Relief products]