Table of Contents
Sex and sexuality are important part of life. It’s vital to the human race as it results in reproduction. Aside from reproduction, sex is about intimacy and pleasure as well. Life seems colorless and incomplete without a healthy sexual relationship.
People leading active sex lives tend to be livelier and possess better overall health than those who are less sexually active. The intimate and pleasurable moments in bed are craved by everybody.
Almost every other person wants to prolong these joyful moments and last longer in bed. This makes up a million-dollar question i.e. ‘How to last longer in bed naturally’?
Men find it a bit more difficult to last longer in bed and sexual problems related to the longevity of sex are more common among the male gender.
Sexual experts and sexologists come up with a lot of techniques and natural remedies for this cause. The wide array of options for lasting longer naturally are somewhat effective but nothing can be said surely about anything.
However, a natural supplement going by the name L-Arginine is thought to be very effective in helping men last longer in bed naturally. L-Arginine helps in improving blood circulation which in turn assists in prolonged erections for men.
This article explains the natural ways for lasting longer in bed naturally and also throws some insight into how L-Arginine works to help in this cause.
Common Sexual Problems
Men with sexual issues mostly happen to complain about two primary conditions:
- Premature Ejaculation (PE)
PE involves sex lasting less than two minutes before the man ejaculates. The timing can vary and in short, we attribute PE to unwanted quick ejaculation causing un-satisfaction to the partners.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the condition that occurs when you can’t achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sex, and this includes losing your erection during sex as well.
Both of these conditions adversely affect men’s sexual stamina and prevent them from lasting longer in bed. Arginine supplements and topical creams are a viable choice for erectile dysfunction. However, topical creams may offer more of an immediate help.
6 Natural Ways to Increase Stamina in Bed for Men
If you are experiencing premature ejaculation, or erectile dysfunction, or you just want to prolong your timing in bed, you can try some tried and tested techniques before going on medications. These techniques have proven to be quite effective and are recommended by sex experts and experienced husbands/male partners. Some tips on how to last longer in bed naturally are as follows:
- Foreplay: Sex is more than just penile-vaginal intercourse. Foreplay is an important factor resulting in increased pleasure and duration.
- Mental Distraction: Sometimes men focus too much on their sexual performance leading to performance anxiety which can seriously damage their sexual stamina. Mental distraction is a classic method often effective in delaying ejaculation.
- Slowing Down: Normally faster sex results in quicker ejaculation in men. A slower, more measured technique instead of rapid hard thrusts allows for greater control over ejaculation.
- Condoms: Increased sensitivity leads to ejaculation. Condoms decrease sensitivity and therefore usually increase the time taken to ejaculate. Condoms also help prevent STDs.
- Topical Arginine Solutions and Creams: Certain natural supplements and hormonal creams applied topically are very effective in increasing intercourse longevity. Supplements like l-arginine increase blood circulation for stronger erections while topical creams cause numbness to reduce sensitivity for delayed ejaculation.
- Connection: Male partners should let their partners know what works for them and vice versa. An open attitude towards sex lessens the nerves which may be the reason for a swift ejaculation.
Get to Know About L-Arginine and Sexual Health
L-arginine is the amino acid used to make nitric oxide, a molecule that facilitates the flow of blood to the penis during an erection. It is the most common amino acid found in sexual supplements. L-arginine helps to build body protein as well.
These effects give L-arginine an array of potential sexual health benefits that range from enhanced male fertility to improved heart health, helping to build muscles and repair wounds, etc. L-arginine is often combined with other supplements to treat ED and has shown promising results.
After inclusion in the bloodstream, L-arginine is converted into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to open wider thus improving blood flow.
Nitric Oxide is important for erectile function because it helps blood vessels relax, so more oxygen-rich blood can circulate through your arteries. Healthy blood flow to the arteries of the penis is essential for normal erectile function.
The Primary Benefit: A Viable Aid for Erectile dysfunction: Erection in men is caused by the circulation of blood to the penile veins and arteries. The stronger the blood flow, the harder the erection will be. Patients with erectile dysfunction have very little flow going on there. Taking oral L-arginine will improve the erection by enhancing circulation and letting the blood flow where it’s needed during sexual intercourse. Using topical/transdermal l-arginine cream will give the same effect but faster and without it affecting the liver or digestion. Most find that using a product such as Arginine Cream (2%) or Arginine Circulation Cream (not directly on the genitals) on thin skin areas gives excellent, FASTER benefits and ease of use.
Other Benefits: L-arginine was reported to be effective at lowering blood pressure, improving cardiovascular health and reducing the symptoms of angina. These effects are not backed by medical evidence yet and are a result of surveys and studies etc.
Medical Studies Proving Efficacy of L-Arginine in Treating ED
The improved circulatory effects of L-Arginine on ED patients have been acknowledged by medical scientists as well. While it may take some time to get it acknowledged from the drug regulating authorities, its efficacy has been proved by a number of case studies. A couple of these are given below to let our consumers know that the hype about L-Arginine is real.
- The results of our systematic review and meta-analysis provide evidence on the effectiveness of arginine supplements for mild to moderate ED.
Reference: Rhim HC, Kim MS, Park Y-J, et al. The Potential Role of Arginine Supplements on Erectile Dysfunction: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Sex Med 2019;16:223-234.
- Nitric Oxide (NO) has a well-defined function in initiating and maintaining an erection. Several materials and approaches that raise local levels of NO in penile tissue have shown promise in treating ED in animal models. L-Arginine gets converted into NO as it gets into the bloodstream so it is an effective way to reduce the erection weakness in ED patients.
Reference: Shabsigh R, Anastasiadis AG. Erectile dysfunction. Annu. Rev. Med. 2003;54:153–168. [PubMed]
L-Arginine Possible Risks
L-arginine orally or topically is generally considered safe.
Oral use of L-arginine might cause:
- Allergic response
- Airway inflammation or worsening of asthma symptoms
L-arginine isn’t recommended after a heart stroke as it can aggravate the situation. L-arginine can worsen allergies or asthma. Use the supplement with caution if you have these conditions. Be careful about taking L-arginine if you’ve had cold sores or genital herpes.
The Bottom Line
Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction are often psychological issues as well. Don’t discount the benefits of counseling, which may allow you to address these issues pretty effectively, if it turns out that it is not a physical ailment. Counseling combined with medications may address the problem in the short term. If it is psychological in nature, once the issues are solved as a result of the counseling, medical treatment can be stopped.
Also, established medical research hasn’t yet proved the effectiveness of L-Arginine for treating the emotional side of things, although customer response and studies’ result is very impressive. If you’re going for it, use it with care and according to precautions.