Hemp oil is growing in popularity and for all the right reasons.
If you’ve ever wondered why it has become mainstream, it is because an increasing number of people have come to see and accept its health benefits.
These benefits are based on their properties.
Hemp Oil Properties
Hemp seeds contain around 30% oil by weight and the extracted oil is rich in essential fatty acids.
The hemp oil also contains insignificant or no THC (the psychoactive element in cannabis that gets people ‘high’) and is extracted by cold pressing. It is often unrefined with a clear green oil and nutty flavor.
Contrary to some misconceptions, hemp oil is different from cannabidiol (CBD) oil. CBD is an extract of the cannabis plant and uses hemp flowers and leaves for its production. On the other hand, hemp oil is produced from hemp seeds.
Hemp oil comes as liquid oil, hemp oil capsules or hemp oil gel capsules each have similar benefits.
- Reduces skin dryness, stops itching and irritation. Also, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties may protect against the aging process while soothing the skin.
- Hemp oil boost heart health: The oil has omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in the optimal ratio – 3:1. And this study found that this ratio is helpful for cardiovascular health.
- Aids the care of diabetes: Given that hemp oil gel capsules are rich in fatty acids, it can work as a good supplemental treatment, according to this study.
- Hemp Oil May help ease anxiety and depression: hemp seed oil contains cannabinoids that bind to specialized receptors in the brain to ease social anxiety and also has anti-depressant effects.
- Hemp oil capsules as immunity boosters: The omega-3 fats and GLA in hemp oil capsules make it a wonderful torch for a weakened immune system.
- PMS Symptoms Relief: The GLA in hemp seed oil may help ease menstrual cramps and other PMS symptoms.
Hemp Oil Side Effects
Hemp oil is not without a few side effects which have to do with when to use hemp oil.
It is generally not advisable to use hemp oil within a month of a scheduled surgery or if you’re taking blood thinners as it can slow down blood clotting. Check with your doctor for advice on your specific needs and body profile.
SHOP FOR: [Pain Relief products]